Sunday, January 16, 2011

23. Save up and get new ink.

Stella
Meet Stella. She was a belated birthday gift from my friend Angie. Stella was created from a combination of different pieces by an artist named Stella Latwinski on etsy. She's a combination of pieces because I wanted her to look a little more like me. I named her Stella in honor of the artist and because the name just fits. (It has nothing to do with the fact that it means I get to yell Stella at the top of my lungs...or maybe it does.) I've only had her a month, but I feel like she's been with me for much longer and when I catch glimpses of her I feel more like me. I feel more comfortable with who I am.

I told myself maybe a year or so ago that I would never get a tattoo below the elbow. I didn't think it'd be a good idea when trying to find a job, but when I saw these pieces online I knew that I wanted her as a tattoo and that the only place she could go was on my front fore arm. And there she is. I plan to as (as soon as I can save up the money) to get a self portrait in the same style on my front right fore arm. I'm thinking a mirror image almost. I can't wait and hopefully I don't have to wait too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment